About the Author
Tom Ufert, a 46-year-old quadriplegic afflicted with three different disabilities is an inspirational voice in our troubled times. He received his bachelor of arts in political science and history as a scholarship recipient from Centenary College of Louisiana. Tom is a former Rotary International graduate Fellow who attended Australian National University in Canberra, ACT, specializing in East Asian political affairs and was a White House Fellow nominee. He is a former Lyndon Baines Johnson Congressional Intern and constituency aid for two former United States members of Congress. His past services for 11 political campaigns on both sides of the aisle were highly valued by former Louisiana Governor Charles "Buddy" Roemer, Henson Moore the former assistant chief of staff to U.S. Vice President George H.W. Bush, and the present U.S. Trade Ambassador, Ron Kirk.
At age 23 he was the youngest artistic Board Chairman in the United States as head of the Shreveport Summer Music Festival. Mr. Ufert has served as a member of two other 501(c) three charity boards including his beloved fraternity Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia as well as the community advisory board for his former rehabilitation hospital. Over the years he has acquired extensive customer service experience in the food and beverage, hotel, insurance, home security, and pharmaceutical industries. Mr. Ufert has served as a member of two other 501(c) three charity boards including his beloved fraternity Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia as well as the community advisory board for his former rehabilitation hospital. His professional memberships include Phi Alpha Theta, Sigma Tau Delta, and the Worldwide Who's Who. In recent years he has worked tirelessly as a volunteer fundraiser for numerous AIDS charities in his community and served briefly as the community affairs liaison for Legacy Founders Cottage. Tom Ufert, a native of Louisiana, now resides in Texas.
- Get Informed! Get Involved! Just Get It…Politics Does Affect You!
- My short life and active participation in America's political process proves that any citizen can make a difference.
- When did compromise become the equivalent to capitulation?
- The United States can no longer afford economic stagnation and political dysfunction caused by a severely polarized political system.
- It is every citizen's right and responsibility to demand a new class of political leaders that care more about our jobs and livelihood than their own.
- It is every citizen's solemn responsibility to safeguard our democratic republic by demanding that each and every elected representative be held to the same standard we hold for ourselves.
- It is a personal slap in the face followed by an insulting spit wad to the eye for any American not to take their right to vote seriously!
- Our elected official's inability to get ANYTHING done is our own fault and it is our job to fix it! So America, get up off your lazy butts and do something about it.
- While reading Political C.R.A.P.S. the reader should keep two primary thoughts in mind. First, are you as informed and educated as you should be to make a wise decision with your vote that will directly impact every aspect of your life? Second, if you're not, then ask why!
- Today more than ever we need great leaders who are more concerned with preserving “great democracies” than becoming “great heroes!”
- This is not the time for petty political bickering to squander away America's global economic or political stature.
Review of Political Craps by Ted Persinger
“Political Craps” by Tom Ufert is one of the most interesting political tomes of modern times. This is a book filled with juicy information that will make most political nuts and non-political nuts roll over and thank god for Tom Ufert.
What makes “Political Craps” more interesting than its rivals?
It really comes down to Uferts mastery of all things political. His knowledge and energy are boundless as he takes the reader through the trials and tribulations of Congress and the President. With, I believe, a life-long connection to the hill Ufert creates a vision and takes readers towards that vision with alarming clarity. Ufert explains that we have problems in our political system and tries to remedy them. Ufert also shines love and patriotism and never crosses the line. He is frustrated with the way things are—but he knows that better times are ahead if the right things are done.
I found “Political Craps” to be an intelligent, interesting read that took the very best of political reading and placed all the ingredients together into one volume. Ufert sounds Churchillian at times and then morphs into Reagan and then turns into Tom Ufert. He is a powerful speaker and one can only hope an audio book is on its way to release.
Entertaining stuff from a man who knows that power on the hill can mean either recovery or further desolation.
Buy this book!
Political Craps (Kindle Edition) Tom Ufert is not a name I had come across before I'd read this book. I don't know what I was expecting-- but it wasn't this! This is a clear and concise book that deals with the nitty-gritty of American politics. Ufert is intelligent, well-versed and he keeps my interest. Let me say that again...HE KEEPS MY INTEREST! Forget the boring political books you are used to. This is fascinating stuff. When Ufert tackles controversy he cuts through the crud and makes himself heard. Highly recommended
Website : www.tomufert.com
Audible : Click
Barnes and Noble : Click
Amazon Link : Click