Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi Spiritual Directors of Ananda Sangha on Carry On Harry Talk Show
Tuesday - March 28, 2017
Studio Carry On Harry , Singapore invited Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi Spiritual Directors of Ananda (to give some insightful talks about Yoga and Meditation to raise our Consciousness and why it is important in todays time.Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi are Spiritual Directors of Ananda, a global movement of spiritual communities, centers, and meditation groups-people living the change they want to see in the world. Guided by the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, Ananda will celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2019.
Paramhansa Yogananda lived (1893-1952) through two world wars. Image removed by sender.He taught yoga, meditation, and practical ways to uplift consciousness in the U.S. during a time of great upheaval-World War II. Like Buddha, Gandhi and the Dalai Lama, Yogananda taught universal spiritual truths. His best-selling book, Autobiography of a Yogi, sparked a spiritual revolution of yoga and meditation in the West.
If you could talk to Yogananda today, what would he say about the challenges we face? Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi are dynamic emissaries of Yogananda, bringing his teachings into focus for today.
"In these times we are living, I think we doubt our ability to make a positive difference in the world, because of all the divisiveness," explain Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi, leaders of Ananda, as they embark on their Choose the Light 2017 West Coast Tour. "Let us not get caught up in the momentary darkness."
"The challenge of our world, and our lives, is a precious spiritual opportunity. Let us raise our consciousness to the occasion," say Nayaswamis Jyotish & Devi. "By choosing the light, we can lead the world to happiness."
Nayaswamis Jyotish & Devi articulate Yogananda's teachings and shine light on the real solution for today's anxiety: raising our consciousness.
Live online and in person, the spiritual teachers will be speaking to thousands gathering in the San Francisco Bay Area (April 1), Los Angeles (April 29), Seattle (June 9) and Portland (July 21).
"If we understand the bigger picture of where happiness fits in, not only for ourselves, but for the world at large," says Nayaswami Devi, "then when we begin to bring that higher consciousness, we become extensions of these great Masters."
What is Ananda?
• In response to Yogananda’s direction to create “World Brotherhood Colonies”, one of his foremost disciples, Swami Kriyananda founded Ananda in 1968 in the Sierra Foothills.
• Ananda Village was the first World Brotherhood community, and continues as the spiritual heart of Ananda Worldwide. There are now 7 communities…in Seattle, WA; Portland and Laurelwood in OR; in Sacramento, Palo Alto and Nevada City, CA; in Assisi, Italy; and in India.Ananda will celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2019.
• At Ananda Village you’ll find over 200 people living the yogic life, plus two beautiful retreat centers, the Ananda School of Yoga and Meditation, and many pilgrimage sites for deep meditation and renewal.
• In April, over 15,000 tulips will bloom at the Crystal Hermitage, where Swami Kriyananda used to live. It is a sacred place. Many, many people come to enjoy Springtime at Ananda
How can practicing meditation raise consciousness?
• Meditation can prevent conflict. When we bring harmonious energy to a situation, we see harmonious choices and can act to de-escalate the anxiety of others around us.
• We are initiating a campaign on April 8 to help people transform their anxiety into powerful action for peace and harmony, through meditation. It’s calledBe the Changeafter the paraphrase of Gandhi, “Be the Change you wish to see in the world.”
• We’re inviting people to pledge their meditation hours, so that together, we will radiate one million hours of peace and harmony into the world this year. When you pledge to meditate, you receive free support and inspiration. Just go to www.MeditationPledge.com
• We’re teaching people to step back from conflict and confusion, meditate first, and then choose an action that generates peace and harmony in the world.
• Together we’ll radiate a million hours of peace and harmony into the world.
How can our listeners hear your upcoming talks?
• Live Stream sign-up atwww.ananda.org/events
• Come to Redwood City on April 1 “Finding Happiness: How to Live a Life Fulfilled”
• Yogananda Fest in LA “How to Find Awaken Your True Potential” on April 29
• In Portland, OR on July 21stat the historic Multnomah Hotel where Yogananda once spoke, we will talk about “A World United”.
Who are some people our listeners might recognize who practiced Kriya Yoga?
• Mahatma Gandhi practiced Kriya Yoga, and was initiated by Yogananda himself. He lived a life completely devoted to change from within, radiating peace and harmony, as Yogananda taught.
• The Beatle, George Harrison, was a disciple of Yogananda and practiced Kriya. He put pictures of Yogananda, and his line of gurus on the cover of Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album.
Discover more on the Show Carry On Harry and visit
Hailing from a Non Film background Vivek shared his journey as a filmmaker recalling his struggle days of sleeping by the roads in mumbai, to his career highs for being signed up with a film like Bhootnath. Amitabh Bachchan himself agreed to work with his directorial debut Bhoothnath after an initial test that he put Vivek On
Kireet has won 6 National Awards, 7 Int’l Awards and 30+ assorted
awards for his works.He has directed 20 award-winning short films for UNICEF, National Film Board of Canada,Childline etc. He directed “Toonpur Ka Superrhero” India’s 1st live action and 3D animation movie starring Ajay Devgn and Kajol.
For this track ‘Merry Go Round’ – he has teamed up with multi-talented, music producer and radio host – DJ Emenes from MIB Roadshow. Massively recognised for his fusion remixes worldwide, Emenes puts his own stamp on the new single. Luv describes the lyrics in the new track as “Meaningful” and mentions that “In life you should always walk to your own beat, not the vibe of a merry go round!”
Kevin Judge is driven to help individuals and organizations close the strategy to execution gap; essentially helping people execute against individual and organizational needs while creating positive changes in performance and culture.
. After several failed relationships, Long Island native Kim Interdonato found herself in a similar position when the man she was dating dumped her. Rising above the breakups she ultimately decided to write her expereinces into a Book Shoes are Like Men.
CoachKemi, is CEO and Founder of How2Think, a Personal Development business that FOCUSES on your THOUGHTS – how to BOLDLY use them to AUDACIOUSLY get all you want so that you DARE to BE and COME to be very fruitful in whatever your endeavour.
After trying all of the above methods and more, I decided to launch my own trainings and coaching method to find Inner Fire. and it worked! After finding my own Inner Fire, I live the life of my dreams and my friends asked me to help them too. My classes and coaching sessions grew and all of a sudden this local girl was playing quid for people all over the world.
eonard also serves as the author and editor of “Transformation,” the Journal of Meditation as Mind/Body Medicine. Over the past thirty-nine years, Leonard has served on thefaculties of the New England Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts and the International Himalayan Yoga Teachers Association in Calgary, Canada.
Nayaswamis Jyotish and Devi are Spiritual Directors of Ananda, a global movement of spiritual communities, centers, and meditation groups-people living the change they want to see in the world. Guided by the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, Ananda will celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2019. Read more...
Rahn Anthoni hails from a small town in Florida. Growing up, he got his first break singing back-up for “The Song Bird Of The South” Dottie Peoples. This led to Anthoni signing with Tate Music Group, who released his first single, "Hold On." The inspirational song gave listeners the encouragement to “Hold On” to life.
Richard Lynch is an American country music artist, who has compiled a long list of country hits and chart toppers in the world of traditional country music. The sounds of Richard Lynch are reminiscent of the classics that started it all.
He was selected by the Los Angeles Kings in the fourth round of the 1980 NHL Entry Draft, 73rd overall. Over his 17-year playing career, Nicholls would play 1127 games for the Los Angeles Kings, New York Rangers, Edmonton Oilers, New Jersey Devils, Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks, scoring 1209 points. He is one of only 8 players in NHL history to score 70 goals in one season, and one of 5 to score 150 points. Nicholls was born in Haliburton, Ontario, but grew up in West Guilford, Ontario.
Meiyoko Taylor is an Internationally recognized author, entrepreneur and personal development coach. He works extensively with people from all across the world, showing them how to take control of their life, find their passion, and unlock the greatness that is within.
Many believe that the older they get the more out of reach that sexy and lean body is, BUT they’re wrong! Dr. Shirley says you can have the body you want whether you’re 25 or 75 through natural healing. In fact, you don’t have to wait months to see results, you can start changing your body NOW.
She expresses that Millennials are the largest generation on our planet and they need a new story - a new lens in which they can detach from the boundaries that are forced upon them by the wider society.
Elliott Maynard believes his new master paradigm [Future Science Technology] is the quantum-field science for the future. He is convinced that integrating traditional, linear science with non-linear consciousness technology will yield new breakthrough solutions for the global problems we face as citizens of Planet Earth.
The 48FILM Project (www.48filmproject.com), a leading online short film competition, has created one of the largest Grand Prizes in the genre’s history – a $100,000 production budget to film a feature film. The festival producers will be awarding the collective of 2016 winners (Best in each category) with a production budget of $100,000 to make a feature film that will commence shooting this summer in Greece.